LISTING: Microbiology Technician, Ottawa, IL temp-to-hire full time
Our client, a personal care products firm based in Ottawa IL (85 miles SW of downtown Chicago) has an immediate need for a Microbiologist Technician. Hours are M-F 7am to 3:00pm. Must be OK with working overtime if required (5-6 hours per week).
- Prepares sample for processing
- Maintains documentation of process to facilitate analysis procedures.
- Read plates and tubes & record result findings
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates
- Write identification onto plates
- Prepare samples for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending.
- Collect plates and place them in the incubator.
- Prepare media and broth
- Sterilize materials and autoclave plates.
- Perform pH, and other analysis tests
- Ensure media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence
- Must be committed & flexible with work schedule
- Must be a team player and have basic knowledge of microbiology
- Bachelor of Science degree is strongly preferred
- Good physical dexterity
This is an immediate need. This position pays a competitive salary and full benefits package that includes health, dental & vision insurance, 401K and paid time off. This job is ideal for someone who is dependable, adaptable/flexible and detailed oriented and can thrive in a fast pace environment.
If you, or anyone you know, is interested, qualified and available please send your resume to us for immediate consideration.