LISTING: Microbiologist Supervisor, Personal Care Products firm, Ottawa, IL Direct Hire
Our client, a personal care products firm based in Ottawa IL (85 miles SW of downtown Chicago) has an immediate need for a Microbiologist Supervisor. Hours are M-F 7am to 4:00pm or 7:30 to 4:30 pm.
Reporting to the QA Manager, this position has the responsibility to supervise the micro lab, and staff, thru daily sampling, plating and reporting of production, raw materials, finished product and post sanitization microbiology testing verification.
- Coordinate the sampling of raw material and production sampling for micro testing.
- Prepare daily reports on data and results of testing.
- Sample equipment before & after cleaning and sanitization activities to assure no micro product risk.
- Work with product development in the selection of preservatives for new and reformulated product.
- Conduct preservative efficacy testing on new products to assure that they are adequately preserved.
- Work with outside 3rd party labs to coordinate testing for the presence of specific organism that cannot be tested for in house.
- Interface with customers on a regular basis to ensure that the lab is meeting expectations.
- Participate on project teams in the selection and testing of various preservative options.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all client policies, procedures and testing requirements.
- Supervise and guide other lab personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or a related field.
- Four (4) years of professional job experience and supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in the personal care products industry is ideal; short of that food or pharma industry
- Observation and reporting skills in order to properly assess and report on potential problems
- Strong computer & record keeping skills
- Science — using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Writing — communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening — giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
This is an immediate need. This position pays a competitive salary and full benefits package. This job is ideal for someone who is dependable, people oriented, detail oriented, achievement oriented with a high stress tolerance (thrives in high pressure environment).
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and available please send resume to us for immediate consideration.