LISTING: Full-Time Recycling Laboratory Assistant for 1 year with Argonne in Lemont, IL
Full-Time Recycling Laboratory Assistant for 1 year with Argonne in Lemont, IL
Yes! We are actively Hiring During COVID-19
The Applied Materials Division (AMD) at Argonne National Laboratory conducts applied research to develop sustainable innovative technologies to improve the efficiency of resource and energy utilization; to minimize our dependence on imported energy; and to enhance our national security.
Our client is looking for a hardworking, curious candidate to operate material separations equipment and perform material analysis on waste plastic streams. Material characterization will also be performed using hand separations and analytical techniques such as FTIR. The candidate will support other general material recycling tasks and help the Materials Recovery and Recycling R&D program lead with day-to-day jobs to ensure effective and efficient program operations. The candidate needs to be self-motivated and work well within a team as well as alone, have good troubleshooting abilities, and good communication skills are important.
To be considered you must have:
- A recent (0-2 years) undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar. Associates degree with background that is closely matched to the position description.
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing experiments
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory or plant environment
- Knowledge of materials separation equipment and techniques a plus
- Experience in material separations and recycling a plus
- Ability to work well within a team as well as alone
- Abilities in oral and written communication
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please send an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.