LISTING: Full-Time, Temp-to-hire Rotating Shift, Process Specialist to work in Lockport, IL
Our client, a high tech powdered coating manufacturer, is looking for a dedicated Process Specialist who will be responsible for monitoring (laboratory testing) and controlling various production processes in order to provide high quality and efficient production of finished product. This position requires work on a rotating 12 hour shifts with some overtime. Experience in handling chemicals, such as acids and bases, safely is also important.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Maintain and issue current paste formulations to production team.
- Adjust paste formulations as needed within established processing limits.
- Testing of in-process paste and powder production samples.
- Participate/lead root cause analyses as production issues arise.
- Establish and maintain necessary blend stock inventories and paste standards.
- Utilize and strictly adhere to standardized test methods based on ASTM methods, Government, Industry, or company developed test methods.
- Utilize, develop, and/or modify documents within the TAI ISO 9001 system.
- Proficiently use the Quality, and Inventory Modules of the company’s manufacturing reporting system (Ramco).
- Track and analyze data utilizing statistical methods and recommend areas of improvements both in the process and quality areas to the Quality/Technical/Process Team.
- Leading the 5S effort in laboratory; ensure good housekeeping skills to maintain a safe work environment
- Develop sampling plans for aerospace/military powders via MIL specs and contracts
- Develop, administer and analyze Gage R & R studies (as necessary)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related discipline.
- 5-7 years of applicable work experience in a batch manufacturing environment, preferably in pigment or coatings.
- Minimum of 2 years overall testing experience with aluminum pigments and powders.
- Knowledge of Statistical analysis tools and software programs such as Minitab, JMP or QI Macros is nice to have.
Shift Hours Schedule:
Shift: Work 12 hour day shift for two weeks and then night for two weeks and rotate.
Week 1: Work: Monday and Tuesday. Off: Wednesday, Thursday. Work: Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Week 2: Off: Monday and Tuesday. Work: Wednesday, Thursday. Off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 3: Work: Monday and Tuesday. Off: Wednesday, Thursday. Work: Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Week 4: Off: Monday and Tuesday. Work: Wednesday, Thursday. Off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please send an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.