LISTING: Nanofiber Fabrication Lab Assistant for a 1-year project at Argonne in Lemont, IL
Argonne is looking for a hardworking, curious candidate to operate the electrospinning machine for nanofiber materials fabrication. Material characterization and data analysis will also be performed using structural and analytical techniques such as XRD and SEM. You will be trained to operate various electrospinning machines and are expected to operate the tools independently after training.
You will also support other new material development tasks and help program lead with day-to-day jobs to ensure effective and efficient program operations.
- A recent (0-2 years) undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or similar. Associates degree with a background that is closely matched to the position description.
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing experiments
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory or plant environment
- Knowledge of chemical solution preparation and materials synthesis is a plus
- Experience in material characterization is a plus
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please send an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.