LISTING: Seeking Full-time Accounts Payable Specialist in Chicago, IL
Our client is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist with experience in Freight Carrier Billing. This position reports directly to the AP supervisor. Anyone interested in this position must have the following below.
- Enter and match Accounts Payable invoices and attain appropriate approval.
- Process checks.
- Review vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist with the review of the month-end accrual report.
- Assist with the month-end closing of Accounts Payable.
- Electronic filing (scanning) of all invoices.
- Respond to invoice inquiries from suppliers and TRI staff.
- Resolve Purchasing and Receiving discrepancies between supplier invoices and receipts and purchase order prices and quantities ordered.
- Review and process expense reports.
- Maintain supplier system.
- Freight billing processing.
- Ability to identify/resolve problems (i.e. Invoices, Receiving, Distribution, PO’s, etc.)
- Ability to process a high volume of invoices timely and accurately on a daily basis
- Accounts payable account distribution
- Account analysis
Accounts Payable Requirements
- Automated accounts payable experience with Oracle background preferred
- Freight billing experience a plus
- Manufacturing environment experience a plus
- Associates Degree or equivalent (Bachelors Preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Must have knowledge of internal controls in a procurement cycle
- Microsoft Office intermediate proficiency with emphasis on Excel experience
- Experience in review and validation of expense reports
If you or anyone you know is qualified and interested in this position, send an updated resume to us ASAP for immediate review and consideration.