LISTING: Purchasing Specialist
Purchasing Specialist based in Wabash, Indiana
Our client, a consumer product company located in Warsaw, IN is seeking to fill a Purchasing Specialist position on a direct hire basis. This position is a hybrid position in that it is responsible for purchasing and the scheduling of production. Organizing and maintaining a target inventory that balances manufacturing efficiency, inventory levels, and customer requirements is an essential function within this position. This person is also responsible for setting and maintaining our floor plan to allocate space for new and existing items based on available space and taking into account historical sales, sales forecasts, and promotional activity. All activities must consider material costs and capacity constraints within the company’s requirements and guidelines.
- Perform the specific tasks needed to provide the proper materials for production within the applicable company location.
- Issue purchase orders and answer all questions in regards to the status of orders.
- Coordinate all purchases and purchasing procedures with company Staff and Managers.
- Maintain documentation to keep track of purchases and utilizing that information to communicate with Accounting.
- Maintain costs within company constraints and ensuring lowest total cost of purchase.
- Acting as a liaison between Vendors and Purchase Requestors.
- Coordinate purchasing activities in GP and/or ASC between Vendors for raw materials and finished goods; including placing purchase orders, changing orders, negotiating delivery dates, negotiating prices, tracking vendor performance, and leading vendor corrective actions.
- Associate degree with minimum (3+) years purchasing, planning, and negotiation experience. Will consider high school diploma or equivalent with minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable and proficient on a computer, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, ASC and Great Plains system preferred.
- Possess the ability to creatively solve problems and perform basic bookkeeping.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strategic/Analytic thinking and planning capabilities (forecasting included)