LISTING: Sanitation Manager Food Production
My client in Warsaw, IN is looking for a permanent Sanitation Manager. If you or anyone you know of is interested in this position please email your resume to us ASAP
This position manages, supervises and coordinates activities with food safety and sanitation programs. The position is responsible for management of plant cleaning, sanitation, and compliance with GMP’s, Good Safety Practices, sanitation and policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Supervises adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices in regard to sanitation procedures
- Monitors and audits, making adjustments as necessary to processing and packaging equipment cleaning systems/procedures to ensure optimal cleanliness
- Ensures compliance with all company and regulatory sanitation food quality and food safety standards as well as employee safety and environmental standards
- Works closely with management and production personnel on sanitation problems; recommending changes to improve sanitation policies, procedures, and cleaning effectiveness
- Performs comprehensive sanitation audits on each unique production process to determine sanitation effectiveness
- Communicates reports/trends/issues regarding inspections, sanitation deviations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies via e-mail
- Conducts training programs for all sanitation procedures and is responsible for the development and training of sanitation personnel
- Understands chemical specifications and their effectiveness/proper application for different processing/packaging equipment SSOP’s
- Conducts scheduled sanitation validation audits including dismantling and inspecting critical processing and packaging equipment to ensure proper clean ability/sanitization
- Maintains and revises departmental procedures including the master sanitation schedule and SSOP’s reflecting process improvements that maintain or improve pre-operational and operational hygienic conditions
- Maintain documentation and report KPI’s
- Solid knowledge and understanding of allergens, microbial contamination, and HACCP.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant study or equivalent certification and a minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience in Sanitation/Quality in food manufacturing positions.
- Knowledge and experience in CIP/COP, master sanitation schedule and environmental monitoring.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 50 lbs.