LISTING: Three-month Contract, B2B Business Credit and Collections Specialist
Three-month Contract, B2B Business Credit and Collections Specialist, Wheeling, IL
Our Client, a specialty automotive chemical company located in Wheeling, IL. seeks a Credit & Collections Specialist for B2B business for three months to fill in for a person on leave. This is an immediate need. The client is seeking someone to interview this week and start on Monday the 26th of March. The client is seeking someone with at least 2-3 years of solid B2B Credit and Collections experience. This is anticipated to be a three month assignment, but may go longer.
Position Summary: Manage credit and collection activities of the organization. Analyzes and interprets customer applications along with customers references. Confers with credit associations and other representatives to exchange credit information. Approves new lines of credit to customers up to $75,000 and any limits above $75,000 are consulted with the CFO. Record payments to customers’ accounts and maintains accounts receivable records in addition to analyzing paying habits of customers who are delinquent in payment of bills. Work to maintain the lowest possible outstanding past due accounts receivables at all times by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Approve new lines of credit and/or the extension of credit limits. Respond to credit inquiries as necessary.
- Review, and identify files to identify delinquent accounts for collection. Negotiate and bind collection arrangements for overdue account balances.
- Investigate and resolve matters of significance in relationship to credit collection procedures.
- Handles the more complex and larger accounts in methods and procedures.
- Review orders that may be on hold due to credit or delinquent payment and determine proper action to be taken.
- Utilizes aging report for contacting past due customers and document for credit file.
Hours are 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mon.-Friday
Should you or anyone you know be interested in this position, please have them submit their resume to us ASAP