LISTING: Chemical Process Technician
Seeking Full-time contract Chemical Process Technician Chicago, IL
Our client a billion dollar company, is seeking contract process technician for at least 1 year. All interested candidates must meet the requirements below.
- Responsible for simultaneously operating multiple batch chemical reactors, a bulk powder pneumatic conveying system, vacuum systems, filtration systems, a continuous distillation process, a thermal oxidizer, and a boiler. They will oversee the loading and unloading of railcars and bulk trucks, as well as running quality and analytical testing on in-process and finished product in the Laboratory. They will also perform a variety of departmental administrative activates as needed.
- The process technician will run analytical tests on in-process and finished product in the laboratory.
- Strong commitment to the customer, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) excellence and quality production.
- Because of the potential exposure to chemicals, PPE issued for the position includes respirators, chemical resistant clothing, eye protection goggles, safety glasses, and chemical resistant boots. The plant is also set up with tanks and equipment outside, so this position will spend time in all different types of weather.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 55 lbs. bags or hoses
- Ability to maneuver 600 lbs. drums with the assistance of a drum handler
- Ability to maneuver 2200 lbs. pallets with a pallet jack and a forklift
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders multiple times per shift
- Manual dexterity to work with laboratory equipment
- Dress Code: steel toe shoes, pants and long sleeve shirt
Education (At least one of the three)
- Chemical Process degree through a vocational or technical school
- 3 years of equivalent on the job training in chemical processing
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent progress toward a higher degree
- 12 hours rotating shifts. Day 5am to 5pm, Night 5am to 5pm; two weeks on days followed by two weeks on nights and so on. They will work 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next plus any overtime that they pick up.
Work schedule example: Work Tuesday and Wednesday, off on Thursday and Friday, then work Saturday through Monday, then off Tuesday and Wednesday, work Thursday and Friday then off Saturday through Monday and return to work Tuesday on the opposite shift (if they were working nights, they would go to days, and if they were working days then they go to nights
Drug Screen – 5 Panel with extended opiates
Pre-Employment Physical (including vision acuity / color) Audiometric
Respirator Questionnaire Respirator
Sterling Background check