LISTING: Electro/Mechanical Tech I-Cold Mass Mechanical Tech
Our client located in Batavia, IL. seeks Electro/Mechanical Tech I-Cold Mass Mechanical Tech for a long term contract
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Participate in R&D and production for the assembly of cryomodules for the Linear Coherent Light Source upgrade project (LCLS-II). The major tasks involve:
The major tasks involve:
- Work on Cold Mass and Vacuum Vessel assemblies outside of the clean room:
- Ultra high vacuum (UHV cleaning), sorting and arranging parts/hardware to be assembled, making sub-assemblies, assembling the components with a strict adherence to the travelers and procedure documents.
- Work on Cryomodule Assembly Facilities infrastructure setup/upgrade and preventive maintenance.
- infrastructure setup and preventive maintenance.
- Candidate must be able to use hand tools, operate electromechanical and hydraulic machine equipment.
- Assemble components and subassemblies in accordance with documented specification and travelers.
- Be able to read engineering drawings, lead and train other technicians in performing their jobs.
- Input data into travelers utilizing a personal computer.
- Candidate must be able to work as a team member under the supervision of a lead technician/engineer.
- Solid mechanical technician skills are highly required.
- Candidate must also be able to work in a softwall Class 1000 cleanroom environment.
- Good understanding of ultra-high vacuum (UHV) practices vacuum related equipment, leak checking, ultra high vacuum related cleaning and applications (making flange assemblies etc.) is highly preferred.
- Must be medically fit to participate in jobs requiring back effort, some lifting (up to 40 lbs.) and standing for long periods of time (Class A, Fermilab Back Injury Exam).
- Candidate should not smoke at least 4 hours before working in the softwall cleanroom when it is required to work in the cleanroom for UHV cleaning and some components assembly.
Requirements (skills, education, training):
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent to GED.
Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a mechanical technician in a laboratory or industrial environment.
Benefits for this Long Term Contract Position Include:
11 Paid Holidays
2 week paid vacation